Hosting Unleashed offers the opportunity for your school to host Chinese students and teachers, delivering an immersive education experience that benefits the entire school community.
During the exchange, international students will be immersed in their host school by taking part in regular curriculum classes with UK students to help them to get the most out of the experience. This integration will enable students to mix, form bonds and collaborate on projects, ensuring that the exchange has a positive impact on both international and host students. True Education Partnerships will support the programme before, during and after to ensure its success.
Benefits of hosting a Chinese school:
- Learn more about Chinese culture, people and language
- Raise multicultural and international awareness within the school community
- Create awareness and adoption of an alternative, multifaceted approach to learning and teaching
- Earn funding for your school
- Boost the local economy
- Meet the expectations of Ofsted framework
- Generate excitement and demand from your students to visit China
- Build foundations for a Sister School Partnership
- Become an ambassador for the UK
The Hosting Unleashed Process
Buddy your pupils with a Chinese visitor and watch friendships flourish as two cultures bond.
Visitors usually stay in local hotels, however, there is an increased demand for UK families to offer a 'homestay' experience.
True Education will help sculpt a perfect itinerary to enable a truly immersive experience for your visitors.
True Education Partnerships fully prepare schools before the hosting experience and support them throughout the process.
- Providing life changing, immersive experiences
- Giving students pride in their own culture by being ambassadors of the school and the UK
- Increasing personal awareness and confidence
- Raising cultural awareness and highlighting diversity and similarities in lives around the world
- Increasing understanding on how interdependent countries and peoples are, both globally and locally
- Exposure to varied opportunities that enables focus and clarity on their future potential
- Result in life-long friendships
Yes! Funding will be made available to you to cover the costs of hosting a Chinese school.
After you have hosted, we request that you invoice us for the pre-agreed fee based on the number of days you hosted and the number of pupils hosted. The operations team will check and verify the invoice and then pass to the finance department, who will then process the payment within 3 working days.
- If your school is a UK primary school, the Chinese students will be between the ages of 9-11 years old.
- If your school is a UK secondary school the Chinese students will be between the ages of 13-15 years old.
(After this age Chinese schools get quite strict about allowing the children time off for trips)
We usually ask that you can host a minimum of 10 students, and you can let us know the maximum number you can host. This will completely depend on the group, but it shouldn’t be more than about 30 students.
For a minimum of 3 days, usually between 3-5 days. There are special circumstances where this may be longer. For example, if your school is a boarding school providing a summer camp including sightseeing and activities. Let us know if there are any special circumstances.
Students will be accompanied by a teacher (usually in a ratio of around 1:10). We can provide hosting assistants/translators to help the programme run smoothly. The hosting assistant and teacher can help with any translation issues. Chinese students learn English from the age of 6 and it is studied very seriously in schools. Students usually have a high level of understanding, but they may be a little shy with their speaking.
There are a few options for this:
- We can book their accommodation.
- If homestay can be provided by the school we offer additional funding to cover this. This would be for a Chinese pupil to stay with a host family. If you are interested, we can discuss details and fees in more detail.
- If the school has boarding facilities, we can put together a package, or if you have a standard package we can discuss this.
Absolutely! We specialise in sister school partnerships including outbound and inbound exchanges to China. This allows your pupils to have a completely immersive experience in China. It also benefits the whole school community as we will encourage and facilitate joint projects with your sister school.