Sister School Partnerships
Begin your school’s journey to a long-lasting, Sister School Partnership. The programme consists of bilateral student exchanges and participation in joint projects with a school in China. This is an opportunity for schools to help students develop skills that will allow them to succeed in education, work and society. Schools can encourage personal development and teach valuable life skills such as leadership, maturity and independence. Partnership programmes have a profound and positive impact on students and staff alike.
Benefits of a Sister School Partnership
- Encourage cultural tolerance and highlight diversity
- Offer immersive education experiences that benefit the whole school community
- Meet expectations of the 2019 Ofsted framework
- Make your school more competitive and attractive to parents
- Increase student’s confidence and social skills
- Create enthusiasm for foreign language learning
- Broaden your school’s international networks and access to new approaches to teaching and learning
- Offer a unique professional development opportunity for staff
The Sister School Partnership Process
Host Sister School
You can now host your Chinese Sister School, giving all the students in your school the culture sharing experience.
Visit Sister School
UK students visit their sister school in a life changing immersive experience journey to China.
We encourage partnered schools to take part in regular joint projects and communications sharing education practices.
Sister School FAQs
- Providing life changing, immersive experiences
- Trips that will inspire, equip and support them to succeed in life and learning. Giving them pride in their own culture by being ambassadors of the school and the UK
- Increasing personal awareness and confidence
- Raising cultural awareness and highlighting diversity and similarities in lives around the world
- Increasing understanding on how interdependent countries and peoples are, both globally and locally
- Exposure to varied opportunities that enables focus and clarity on their future potential
- Result in life-long friendships
- We find a suitable partner school and initiate the contact with the school in China
- We contact local government authorities in China on your behalf
- We organise the trips to and from China with detailed itineraries – flights, accommodation, sightseeing and transport.
- We have the Visa expertise and organise the process for you
- We support you with continued and regular communications and translations
- We compile Risk Assessments and help you comply with required local authority documentation
- We support and encourage joint projects between the schools
- We have templates, resources and presentations that you can use for promoting and explaining the programmes to all stakeholders
For your Sister School trip to China, all British passport holders will require a visa. If you hold any other passport or you were born outside of the UK (even if you hold a British passport), requirements may differ, and we suggest you contact us.
True Education Partnerships will assist with the Visa process if you supply us with all the relevant information. There are two options, a single person visa for each individual on the trip or a group visa.
Factors that may affect applications:
- You hold a British passport but were not born in the UK.
- You hold a British passport but your passport doesn’t state you’re a ‘British Citizen’.
- You hold any other passport that is not British or in the EU.
- You hold a dual nationality.
- If you have a criminal conviction.
- You have been denied a Chinese visa before.
- You must reside in the UK permanently.
To initiate the partnership there is a Heads delegation to visit your sister school. The cost of this trip, £1850*, is fully reimbursable when you launch your pupil trip.
1) Register your interest in developing a sister school directly with our team or on our website trueeducationpartnerships.com
2) Consider getting your Trust onboard as they can sometimes provide support, so speak to your CEO.