UK Business Development Manager
37.5 hrs per week
True Education Partnerships have been transforming the lives of students through immersive education experiences since 2011. We work closely with British Councils and The Chinese Ministry of Education to provide a range of government-backed initiatives, including bilateral student exchanges through the Sister School Partnership programme.
The Sister School Partnership programme links British and Chinese schools together to reach the common goal of enhancing both a student’s academic success and personal development. The programme is transformational for both learners and teachers and is inclusive for the entire school community. Through travel, communication and collaboration, students develop global skills that allow them to succeed in education, work and society.
TEP is part of True Partnerships Group. Through our wider company efforts we create global partnerships to achieve global goals for governments, businesses and sporting organisations.
You will evidence significant experience in (hunter) sales activity and possess strong interpersonal skills. Experience in the education sector is desirable, but not essential. A passion for influencing the education system in the UK and beyond however, is essential. A key component of this is a belief that experiencing the international environment builds confidence and creates a mindset around diversity and big picture thinking that will help young people develop into future leaders and global citizens.
You will be a confident, world experienced candidate and have a strong digital presence and IT capability. Connecting with key stakeholders to provide access to funding and join our delegations, exchanges and joint project programmes, will be a key component of your role. You will therefore be passionate about and highly skilled at influencing and persuading others.
- High functional ability with IT, computers, platforms, social and mobile
- Organised with a strong attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Able to deliver confident and inspirational presentations
- Accurate in written communications and recordings
- Capable of working independently to hit targets and KPIs
- Confident to take the lead on finding new business, cold call/email and tailor communication style to the stakeholder in question
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary teams that span departments
- Capable of running an effective promotion and project to completion
- Holds a full UK driving licence and able to travel around the UK. Your own car is essential for this role.
- Experience of working effectively in an international team environment
- Can travel to China if required
- Experience of selling within an educational environment.
About the Role
This position is ideal if you have experience in successfully working with senior leadership teams. The ideal candidate will have worked with Local Authority and/or Multi–Academy trust teams.
The role will require you to work heavily on the acquisition of new school account contacts, selling our various programs and services to the school accounts. You will work directly with key stakeholders, including:
- UK Council/Local Government
- School leadership – Headteachers, Multi Academy Executives and SLTs
- Local Sales and Supply Partners
You will be working across multiple projects at any one time to bring new schools onto any of our programmes. These include, but are not limited to, our sister school programme and delegations to China & TEP membership programme. Once the new school/account has been won, you’ll then hand this relationship over to the UK Sales Account Manager to build the long-term partnership. You’ll ensure that the customer relationship is kept strong and high levels of satisfaction in all programmes that are sold to the school account.
You will be office-based in Liverpool but will also be required to travel across the UK to meet with partners or hosting groups. During the probation period, you will be taught and trained on how to operate the programs you will be selling. Your knowledge of the product will be deepened along with understanding of how to facilitate deeper and more satisfactory customer relationships.
Apply to this position
*if you would like to send your CV in an alternative format, please email to HR: email@example.com