Sales/School Account Manager
Salary: £25-28k per annum + bonus
37.5 hrs per week
Monday – Friday
True Education Partnerships helps to transform lives through creating inspirational experiences. We make this possible through being the UK’s leading provider of sister school partnerships, programs and exchanges. This means we create potentially life changing opportunities for young people to immerse themselves in a new culture and develop their self-confidence and communication skills in the process.
Our works spans multiple sectors. We broadly sit within the education sector, but without the bureaucracy of administering qualifications. Moreover, we believe that learning extends beyond the formal qualification route and that cultural experiences can profoundly affect mindsets and horizons.
We have a strong reputation within both the UK and China and are backed by numerous councils and government agencies. Having successfully overseen in excess of 200 delegations, we have expertise and global networks that are both extensive and influential.
You will evidence significant experience in (farmer) sales activity and possess strong interpersonal skills. Experience in the education sector is desirable, but not essential. A passion for influencing the education system in the UK and beyond however, is essential. A key component of this is a belief that experiencing the international environment builds confidence and creates a mindset around diversity and big picture thinking that will help young people develop into future leaders and global citizens.
You will be a confident, world experienced candidate and have a strong digital presence and IT capability. Connecting with key stakeholders to provide access to funding and join our delegations, exchanges and joint project programmes, will be a key component of your role. You will therefore be passionate about and highly skilled at influencing and persuading others.
- High functional ability with IT, computers, platforms, social and mobile
- Organised with a strong attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Able to deliver confident and inspirational presentations
- A real ‘people person’, able to build and retain strong professional relationships through trust and respect
- You will be calm and unflappable, particularly when dealing with customers
- Capable of working independently to hit targets and KPIs
- A confident problem solver; someone who is able to creatively find solutions to issues
- Capable of running an effective promotion and project to completion
- Holds a full UK driving licence and able travel around the UK. Your own car is essential for this role.
- Experience of working effectively in an international team environment
- Can travel to China if required
- Experience of selling within an educational environment.
About the Role
This position is ideal if you have experience in successfully working in account management roles. The ideal candidate will have experience of managing clients within the education or public sector; however experience in the private sector will be considered.
The role will require you to work heavily on the development and management of existing school accounts. This includes communication regularly with the key account holder to ensure that their needs are being met and also that they are aware of the timings, constraints and key milestones of their sister school trip agreements. This also includes effective internal communication with our operations team. Ultimately your role is to maintain a positive relationship, aiming to be proactive to create solutions rather than reactive.
You will work directly with key stakeholders, including:
- UK Council/Local Government
- School leadership – Headteachers, Multi Academy Executives and SLTs
- Local Sales and Supply Partners
You will be working across multiple projects at any one time to manage both long term partnerships as well as newly recruited schools. These include, but are not limited to, our sister school programme, delegations to China & TEP membership program.
You will be office based in Liverpool but will also be required to travel across the UK to meet with partners or hosting groups. During the probation period, you will be taught and trained on how to operate the programs you will be managing. Your knowledge of the product will be deepened along with understanding of how to facilitate deeper and more satisfactory customer relationships.
Apply to this position
*if you would like to send your CV in an alternative format, please email to HR: email@example.com